10.31.2011

Banana Ice Cream

Oh how I love my sister-in-law!  In an answer to my question about frozen fruits the other day, she sent me a great link to a Rachel Ray recipe for banana ice cream.  I'm usually skeptical about Rachel Ray recipes, and many that come from Food Network because they tend to have a lot of extra virgin olive oil, butter, or sugars in the recipes.  This one, however, is as simple as it gets with no added fat or sugar.  Here it is:

Banana Ice Cream
Ingredients: Serves 2
3 frozen peeled bananas
1/4 c almond milk

Directions: Place bananas and almond milk in a food processor.  Process until smooth.  Serve immediately.

Amy's Notes: Make sure to peel your bananas before freezing them.  If I don't get around to eating bananas before they turn bad, I always stick them in the freezer.  I have found that the riper (more brown) bananas are when you freeze them, the sweeter they will taste, with that delicious banana flavor. I topped my banana ice cream with a small amount of honey and some walnuts.  Mmmm!

So, again, I have not had a crockpot Monday, and the reason for this is because I have so many (SO MANY!) leftovers from the Halloween Party my roommate and I hosted on Saturday.  The schedule for the week is rearranged to be as follows:  Monday- Banana Ice Cream, Tuesday-  pictures from Halloween and strategies for eating and exercise during the holidays, Wednesday- World Wed. recipe, Thursday- Favorite recipe of the week.  Hope everyone has a great Monday, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I know that my bad season of eating is always from Halloween to after New Years.  What is your best strategy to staying fit and eating right during this tempting season?