2012-02-04

ANK Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

I will keep this blog post short, as I am about to work out before I shower and get ready for my hot date tonight with Kevin for our early anniversary dinner.  He's taking me out to Sangria in Moscow, Idaho, which has some of the best foods I have EVER eaten!  When we've gone before we split baby clams in garlic broth for an appetizer and a pitcher of their wonderful sangria.  Kevin generally has their Seafood Paella that has such a wonderful basil aroma to it, and I have the King and I Shrimp and Chicken, minus the chicken and double the veggies that has a spicy sweet peanut sauce.  Just wonderful food, and I can't wait to celebrate one of the best years of my life with the person I love most in the world.

I have had a bunch of frozen garbanzo beans I've been meaning to use, so I thought a yummy hummus for Super Bowl sounded like the best use for them.  I also had some red peppers I knew I was saving for something good, and this was it.  Hope you enjoy :)

ANK's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Ingredients:
2 c garbanzo beans
1-2  red bell peppers
1/4 c tahini
1 T sesame oil
1/2 t chili oil
1 T chili powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t paprika
1/4 t white pepper
salt to taste
Directions: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.  Place the whole red bell peppers on a foiled baking sheet and place in preheated oven.  Turn the peppers every 5-10 minutes until each side is well roasted and slightly blackened.  Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.  Pierce the bottom of each pepper over the sink and allow for any excess liquid to drain out.  Then peel the skins of the peppers from the flesh and remove the stem and seeded portion.  In a large food processor,  puree the garbanzo beans until very crumbly.  Add the roasted peppers, takini, oils, and spices and process until creamy and well mixed.  Taste and add more spices to the desired taste.  Enjoy dipping veggies and chips in this flavorful hummus!

Amy's notes: This recipe makes quite a lot of hummus, so I'm saving some for me and taking the rest to Kevin's Super Bowl party tomorrow.  Hope everyone enjoys themselves "nutritarian-ly" tomorrow! :) 

What is the restaurant with the best food you've ever eaten?  Where was it and what did you have there?

No comments:

Post a Comment