Ingredients: (please note that all spices are the dried versions, and not fresh herbs)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- In a microwave, heat a bowl with two cups of water until the water is steaming. Place the raw cashews into the steaming water and allow to soak for 5-10 minutes before draining the liquid.
- In a blender, blend the cashews, non-dairy milk, lemon juice, and rice vinegar until creamy and smooth.
- Next, add all of the dried spices and herbs to the blender, and blend for several seconds.
- Taste test with a carrot or celery stick and adjust spices to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy on salads or as a veggie dip!
Amy's notes: I like to soak my raw cashews before blending them because I don't have a professional blender and it needs a bit of help processing everything, but if you feel that your blender can handle it, soaking is not necessarily needed. As a substitute for cashews, raw sunflower seeds or raw pine nuts will work just as well. For new E2Lers, please keep in mind that while this dressing is much much better for your than traditional Ranch, its base is raw cashews. If you are limiting your consumption of nuts to 2 oz a day, I would say 3-4 tablespoons should be your limit.
Since I am on a salad dressing rampage this month, are there any salad dressings that you used to love pre-E2L that you would like for me to try to recreate?