Kevin and I usually don't do much for V-Day. Generally we stay in and watch a movie with a nice homemade dinner. I'm not a huge fan of crowds at restaurants, and an evening spent waiting too long for a table and getting sub-par food and service due to the increased business is not my idea of a romantic evening. For those of you going out for dinner... Good Luck!
This year we are going to have another evening in. I'll be making spaghetti and spaghetti squash with marinara sauce for dinner, with the following recipe for dessert. Not sure if Kevin will like it, as he is a bit picky, but hopefully he will at least give it a try. If not, I have an ice cream sandwich on standby for him hehe. Then after dinner we'll probably just relax and watch a Netflix movie, hopefully one from our book of 501 Must See Movies that we have been working our way through for over a year. (I know this recipe is REALLY similar to my last post of my Healthy Chocolate-Fix Smoothie, but I'm on a chocolate-spree this week! Don't judge!)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 fresh banana, peeled
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole chia seeds
- fresh straw berries to garnish
- In a high powered blender, blend all ingredients EXCEPT for the chai seeds, until creamy and smooth.
- Pour blended chocolate mixture into a medium sized bowl and whisk in the chia seeds until combined.
- Cover and let cool in the fridge for one hour or overnight.
- Serve cold and top with fresh chopped strawberries, in heart shapes if you so desire ;).
- Ok, I really stink when it comes down to gauging how much a recipe is going to make! I would suggest making a half of this recipe for just a couple, or make the regular recipe for a party.
- If you don't have frozen strawberries, substitute it for any other frozen fruit you have on hand.
- Chia seeds are what makes this a "pudding", but if you don't have any, just reserve about 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk when originally blending it, and keep adding little by little until you have the right consistency.
Do you have any fun plans for Valentine's Day?