- Breakfast: 1/2 small watermelon
- Lunch: whole wheat crackers, small cup of leftover chili, kale salad with cucumbers and ginger dressing
- Dinner: thai tofu lettuce wraps, a bite or two of creme brulee
- Extras: 1 beer, 1 Dr. Fuhrman brownie
Exercise Log: Be prepared to be proud of this blogger...
- 20 minutes on the treadmill, jogging for one mile and walking the rest of the time
- 5 minutes solid of ab workouts
- legs and hip flexer workout
- squats and lunges
- 5 sets of 5 pushups
How I feel: I'm happy that I was finally able to get my booty to the gym! Positive talking is where it was at! Yesterday I said, I will go to the gym, and I did not let myself down. In the end, I felt great for sweating out some of my thoughts and stresses, and it was nice to feel my muscles warm and working. As for eating today, I feel like I did pretty well at sticking to it, even though I had dinner out with some girlfriends tonight. In the past I maybe would have ordered a pasta or pizza from the restaurant we went to, but instead, I ordered an appetizer of lettuce wraps. Not only did this keep my check costs down, it kept my portion of food at a reasonable level. Although I could tell the food was way over-salted, I was happy to have so much lettuce to offset it with. Overall, I feel like I need to get more fresh fruits in, but I am needing to go to the grocery store to stock up tomorrow. Perhaps I'll take a walk over to a local fruit stand about a mile from our apartment. Exercise and fresh fruit? Doesn't get much better than that!
What is your motivation to get yourself to go to the gym? Do you find it a chore? How do you feel when you are done?