- Breakfast: 2 bananas, 1 apple
- Lunch: carrots, multigrain chips, hummus
- Dinner: egg flower soup, basil fried rice with veggies
- Extras: 2 beers in the afternoon, 3 beers in the evening
Exercise: Helping our friends move, 1.25 mile dog walk
How I felt: I felt like I tried my best with being healthy while being away from home and eating out. I made sure to drink lots of water over the course of the day, since it was so hot. For dinner the Chinese restaurant we went to had no options for salads, so o had to settle for a veggie fried rice. I could tell that there was more salt and more oil in the dish than I would have liked, but you do what you can. I held off by eating a little less than I normally would, volume-wise. Overall, not the best day, but more motivation to do better the next day.
- Breakfast: 1 apple, 1 banana
- Linner (late lunch): 2 small breadsticks, 2 slices whole wheat pesto pizza with light cheese
- Late dinner: leftover basil fried rice
Exercise log: Day of boating at the lake.
How I felt: This day was a lot of fun, so fun, that I really didn't think of food. I know, weird! I don't know about you, but I seem to always be thinking about food. It was so nice to have an afternoon to just enjoy myself in the sun, and to not think of what my next meal would be, or when it would be. When it was time to eat, I realized that, I wasn't necessarily hungry or "starving", but that I was needing nutrients. That was a good way to feel. At this point I was looking forward to Monday and consuming more veggies and fruit than I had over the weekend. All of the grains and not enough plant fiber made me a bug backed-up.
- Breakfast: 2 apples, 2 bananas
- Lunch: romaine salad with cannellini beans, cucumber, red onion, broccoli, TJ's Goddess Dressing, and 2 mandarin oranges
- Dinner: bowl of chili made from leftover lentils, polenta slices
- Extras: dessert of Dr. Fuhrman's Fudgy Black Bean Brownie (if you have a subscription to Dr. Fuhrman Member Center, find the recipe here)
Exercise: Stretching in the morning and evening
How I feel: Today I feel great! I am feeling like I am craving salads more and more. When I got home today, I spent part of the evening trying new recipes that have caught my eye recently, like the Dr. Fuhrman's brownies, and these baked jalapeño polenta squares. Both recipes turned our pretty well, but I think the brownie recipe is the only one I will be making again. The brownie was my first real dessert other than fruit that I often eat for dessert. I have to say, wow it tasted rich! This made me want to eat it slowly and savor the square of brownie that I had. In the past I may have chowed down two or more pieces and end up feeling guilty about it. Not this time around! I am being happy about every good choice I make and knowing that I am doing my best.
How does positive thinking change your success in achieving your health goals? What does negative thinking do?
Oh, and here's a funny pic I thought you all might enjoy...