Saturday, Day 6 of Week 4
- Breakfast: 1 apple, 1 banana
- Lunch: veggie sandwich with hummus, guacamole, and spicy mango balsamic; 1 slice Greek artisan bread; whole grain chips and hummus; strawberries
- Dinner: salad with cashews and tahini dressing, bean burger on 1 slice of Dave's Killer Bread
Exercise Log: Walking along the beach
How I felt: On Saturday, Kevin and I went with my parents to go boating on our favorite local lake. I was a fun day, but at the end of the day I felt a bit dehydrated. In the evening Kevin and I watched a couple of movies that we have been meaning to get to on Netflix. Overall it was a good eating day, but perhaps with a bit too much processed bread/chip products.
Sunday, Day 7 of Week 4
- Breakfast: 4 small plums
- Lunch: green salad with nuts, black beans, and homemade tahini dressing; 1 beer
- Dinner: tomato, onion, and shrimp bruschetta; Red Lobster Cheddar biscuits; 1 beer
- Extras: dessert of homemade vegan strawberry milkshake
Exercise Log: walking around the mall, shopping
How I felt: We spent most of the day out and about with our couple friend on the North side of Spokane. This included going to Flamin' Joe's (wing and burger place), where I ordered a plain garden salad and brought my own nuts, beans, and dressing to add to it. I was a little ticked, because the menu said "mixed greens" for the salad, but when it came, it was clearly all iceberg lettuce. Not to be a greens snob, but that is one of the least nutritional of all greens. I wish it was more of a spinach or spring mix. Bummer. After hanging out with our friends for the afternoon, Kevin and I decided to stop in at Red Lobster to use up a gift card my work had given me. I ended up getting a bruschetta covered with tomatoes, onions, and a little bit of shrimp. I was happy to see so much tomato on the dish, but unfortunately, I filled up on Cheddar Biscuits (I know! It's a huge No-No!), so I didn't eat too much of the appetizer I ordered. Then, in the evening when we got home, I made myself a strawberry smoothie, while Kevin had angel food cake* with strawberries and whipped cream. At least I didn't cave for that! Overall, not the healthiest day of eating, but I tried my best and gave in to a little bit of temptation.
Monday, Day 1 of Week 5
- Breakfast: 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 apple, 1 peach
- Lunch: spinach salad with broccoli, red onion, cashews, black beans, and tahini dressing; tortilla chips
- Dinner: salad with leftover tomato bruschetta
- Extras: 2 beers in the evening
Exercise Log: Engine 2 workout in the morning (Morning!? I know, I did it!)
How I felt: Today I felt a bit bloated, probably from a bit of the saltier foods I ate the day before. Overall, I'm feeling optimistic to finish out these last two weeks strong, and probably continue with what I have been doing. This morning I did a work out before I got ready for work. Normally I am not a morning exercise person, but I actually kind of liked getting it out of the way. I made sure not to let it be an excuse not to do well on the other aspects of my day. Hopefully I can get in 3-4 more solid work outs in before the end of the week.
What time of the day to you try to exercise? How does it make you feel for the remainder of the day?