Arugula Parsley Pesto
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed mixed in 2 Tbsp water
- 2 dates
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix together the ground flaxseeds with 2 tablespoons of water and allow to thicken while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Place all ingredients in a food process and process until smooth but fairy chunky.
- Taste and add salt or pepper to taste. Add more water to achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve over hot pasta, rice, or even as a dipping sauce.
I had my pesto over some steamed kale with rice and butter beans. Later I sprinkled it with nutritional yeast. Yum! YUM!