2014-04-16

Full Circle 2 and Update

I apologize for being a bit absent lately.  Now that the weather is better and the sun is shining for more hours in the day (Yay!), my weekends and evenings after work have been taken up by more social outings, rather than our usual staying in and reading/watching movies.

This weekend Kevin and I went to a local bike-swap and were able to pick up some inexpensive used bikes.  Mine is a girly mountain bike with a basket on the front that we got for $45, and Kevin's is a much more manly mountain bike that came in at $50.  Since we have moved to a larger place closer to our local biking trail, we thought it was high time we started riding regularly.
My pink bike in the front and Kevin's bike in back.  Our backdrop is an old school map that Kevin picked up from a school that was closing.  Educational and decorative, no? ;)

While out getting bikes, we stopped in at Big 5 so I could pick up some new workout shoes.  My last pair (embarrassingly) are over 5 years old... so it was definitely time for a new pair.  I found these bright lovelies on sale for $39.99, and they comfortably fit my weird wide feet.
On Sunday, while Kevin was at work, I spent a few hours on our deck soaking up the sun and reading my spare-time book: The Vegetarian's Bible, by Inga-Britta Sundqvist
The view from our deck.

Earlier last week I also picked up my second Full Circle organic produce basket.  This time it came with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, kale mix, spinach, lemons, oranges, swiss chard, and golden potatoes.  I think my favorite item of this bunch was either the golden potatoes or kale mix.  For the golden potatoes, I made a potato skillet with swiss chard for breakfast over the weekend, much like this recipe.  With the kale and some spinach I made one of my favorite salads: Chef AJ's Hail to the Kale Salad with her reduced fat dressing recipe.

I hope everyone has a great rest of their week!

No comments:

Post a Comment