2014-09-29

Pinterest - September Favorites





I can't believe the weekend went by so quickly!  I started a post about Pinterest on Friday, and was so busy going to community events for my husband's work, going to Seattle for the Mariner's second to last game of the year, and watching football and prepping my food for the week on Sunday, that I never ended up posting it.

I thought instead, I would do a wrap up of my favorite Pins this last month.  If you would like to follow me on Pinterest, find me here.

Check out this delicious summer vegetable harvest soup from my sister-in-law's blog, Rouge Rustique.  This recipe can be converted to Nutritiarian-friendly by water sauteing instead of using oil, and adding whole wheat pasta or beans instead of regular pasta.  I love that her recipe uses green beans.  I have been on a green bean kick lately, since I have been finding green beans for $1.50 per pound at the farmer's market. (source)


espresso holiday glow. Oh my God
I love this color of nail polish.  It is just perfect for fall.  I can picture wearing this while prepping a delicious Nutritarian Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house this year.  I can't wait for some home cooking! (source unknown)

Baked Acorn Squash with Wild Rice, Pecan and Cranberry Stuffing | Serious Eats : Recipes
Speaking of Thanksgiving... don't these wild rice stuffed acorn squashes look divine!?  Maybe I can talk my mom into making a few of these for dinner this year. (source)

Autumn
I love this fall saying.  Too bad I'm not a fan of needlepoint. (source unknown)
Make drawer dividers with covered cereal boxes (",)
I love this drawer organizing hack from I Heart Organizing. (source)

DIY:: Repurpose old candle jars to cute toiletry containers!
I love this repurposing of glass candle jars.  I have kept one so far and have been using it for the cotton rounds I use to put my eye makeup remover.  (source)
 Have a great rest of your Monday!





Health and Happiness,

Amy

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Have you had a chance to try the soup yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet! Now that I have my pressure cooker I can probably make this in 30 seconds or less... just kidding! I'll try it next week when I go back to the farmer's stand for green beans. :)

      Delete
  2. Never mind the weekend - this whole year has gone crazy quickly!
    I love the drawer liners - must give that a try sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete