Today's breakfast was a large fruit bowl with cantaloupe, apple, banana, pomegranate seeds, and strawberries. My parents visiting over the last weekend gave me a bit more variety in fruit than I have been having since we had a frugal grocery budget last month.
Lunch was a bowl of brown rice with Chickpea Curry from Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen cookbook, along with a side of celery sticks.
Dinner was a bowl of creamy broccoli potato soup with baked cashew BBQ sauce tofu.
- 1 lb raw vegetables - I think I feel a bit short on this today with only having celery sticks.
- 1 lb cooked vegetables - I got my cooked vegetables primarily in my tomato and onion curry for lunch and broccoli soup
- 4 servings fruit - This was covered with my fruit for breakfast.
- 1 cup or more beans - I had chickpeas with lunch as well as tofu for dinner.
- 1 cup or less whole grains/starchy veggies - I went a bit over on this today with rice for lunch and a potato based soup for dinner.
- 1 oz or less of nuts - My homemade BBQ sauce had a bit of cashews in it to thicken it up.
Health and Happiness,