2018-01-17

Getting Back into it, 2018

Hiya folks!  It's been a while!  How did everyone's holidays go?  Are you off to a good start for 2018?!

I'm sad to say that my holidays felt excessive.  I had a wonderful time with friends and family and enjoyed every minute of that, but, unfortunately, I enjoyed too many goodies and drinks.  Come New Years, I was feeling crummy and kicking myself for not behaving better over the holidays.  So what did I do next?

I made a plan, asked for help, and made my health and my diet a priority!  I invested in what I think is one of the most valuable tools I've ever come across for a nutritarian.  It is a straightforward, 100% nutritarian meal prepping plan from Kristen at the Hello Nutritarian blog.  About a year ago she came out with her fabulous ebook, The Nutritarian Food Prep Power Plan.

When she published it a year ago I "oohed" and "awwed" at her pictures, but thought, "I don't think I need that.  I've been roughly nutritarian for over five years.  I should have this all down by now."  Well, folks, I did not.  This last year I let myself slip up more and more often, compromising my health and my goals for convenience and addictive foods (read: chocolate... all of the chocolate).  I based even my healthier meals off of more grains, forgetting that it NEEDS to be all about the veggies.

At the end of December, I swallowed my pride and admitted that this nutritarian needed a big refresher.  So, I let all most of my negative self talk go, bought the book, and allowed Kristen to do all of the thinking for me.

(Here is the link to Kristen's ebook.  Trust me, it's worth it!)

I'm now 17 days into the new year and I have been perfect nutritarian all but one of those days (we celebrated the Husband's birthday in Seattle early January), thanks to the Power Plan.  I'm currently on her second week of the meal plan (All Asian Fusion recipes, and they are amazing!).  I have been eating not one, but TWO salads daily.  My cravings for SAD foods are just a tiny whisper in my head instead of the obsessive shouting they were just a month ago.  I've lost 5 lbs, but feel physically lighter as I see most of what has been lost is fat.

Some other benefits I've been seeing is that I'm not constantly thinking of food.  First, because everything for the week is prepped and I just have to look at the menu and grab the right things out of my fridge.  And second, because I'm starting to be not only physically full after meals, but also nutritionally satisfied.  Often times I'm not even hungry at normal meal times and delay eating for an hour or two.  I'm finally getting in touch with true hunger.

I'm going to plan on updating you guys as I progress through the meal plans, but for now, here are a bunch of food pictures (mostly salads) that I've been eating.










Health and Happiness,

Amy



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Amy! Just bought the plan and looking forward to starting ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you were an inspiration to me those almost 5 years ago when I first decided I was going to follow Dr. Fuhrman's plan! I cannot tell you how surreal it is to have you in the support group with us and to be seeing you use the Power Plan like the expert you are!

    I can't thank you enough for sharing about the plan with your readers and I'm not surprised at all by the amazing success you've had in only 3 weeks!

    Humbled and grateful,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete