2011-11-28

Back from Thanksgiving Break!

I had such a wonderful time this past week spending Thanksgiving break with Kevin's family.  It was fun, exciting, eventful, and somewhat relaxing.  Unfortunately, I am coming back to a very busy school schedule, as this is our last full week, then dead week, and then finals week.  AHH!  I don't feel prepared at all.  On top of that, I am getting back to eating a strict nutritarian diet, as I had a lot of goodies during the vacation, with little exercise.  Needless to say, poor food and exercise decisions have left me feeling undernourished, lethargic, and unsuccessful in my health goals.  Well, I am ready to get back to it, school and my health.  I am hoping to get some time today to post some pictures from the trip and talk about my weak points when it came to my health decisions during the break, along with a few funny stories.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are ready for me to continue bringing you some great recipe ideas and health discussions.  As of today I will be joining the Dr. Fuhrman 2011 Holiday Challenge.  To join and participate along with me, click this link: http://www.drfuhrman.com/members/holiday-challenge/default.aspx

I'm a little late on the "What I am thankful for this Thanksgiving," but I think it's never too late to be thankful:

I am thankful that I had such a wonderful and welcoming family to spend the holiday with.

I am thankful that I get to visit my parents and hometown friends this weekend.

I am thankful that I get to spend Christmas with my parents, and brothers and sister-in-laws from out of town.

I am thankful that I have the knowledge and the willpower to make the healthiest decisions I can.

I am thankful that I am a senior at WSU and officially graduating in the Spring.

I am thankful for this blog, in testing my culinary skills, sharing my experiences, and keeping track of all my recipes!

I am thankful for kale.

I am thankful for homemade peanut butter.

I am thankful that I have a left ring finger. (more on this story later)

The thing in my life I am most thankful for this year is Kevin.  I have never been so happy and peaceful since meeting Kevin, and I appreciate every moment we have together.  Love you Kevin!

Now that Thanksgiving has past and you have had time and plate-room to be thankful for the food, what are you most thankful for?

1 comment: