2012-03-20

Back to Square 1!

It is official that Amy's Nutritarian Kitchen will be 1/2 year old in one week from today (March 27th)!  I don't normally celebrate half birthdays, but this seems to be a big one for me.  A lot has changed since I started this blog in September.  I have taken steps to creating a healthy lifestyle, have had some bumps along the way, and I feel that I have learned and grown from it.  

My life outside my blog has changed dramatically too.  I am in my final semester at WSU and I will be graduating in May with a degree in Environmental science.  Kevin and I got engaged over Christmas and are enjoying planning all that that entails.  We've gone on a few road trips that have been a blast, but overall detrimental to my health goals.  This is where the title of my blog post today comes in:  I am back to square 1!

After going on a road trip to Vegas last week, I did not eat in a way that I would like to admit, and the way I have been feeling lately is not positive for my health.  So, just like as I started this blog, by ending a juice fast and beginning a nutritarian lifestyle, I am giving myself another do-over by going on a juice fast until the 1/2 birthday of my blog and starting anew.  Unlike the first time I juiced, I will be giving you guys my daily progress, step-by-step, of what I eat, how I'm feeling, and how I am keeping motivated!  I hope you all will join in supporting me in this renewal, and I really look forward to bringing you guys some great nutritarian recipes when I am done with my juice fast.  For a week I will be providing my favorite juicing recipes in hopes that you will give it a try :).  

My Loot for the week:

I am by no means endorsing others to go on a juice fast, but if you are interested, try this website to learn more, or watch "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" to watch other's stories of their journey.  If you have any questions for me personally about how or why I am juicing, please feel free to leave me a comment at the bottom of this post, or email me at amysnutritariankitchen@gmail.com.

Check out my new board on Pinterest that is all about juicing!  Find it at this link.

Here is my first juicing recipe:

Basic Fruity Juice
Ingredients:
2 oranges, peeled
2 apples, cored
10-15 strawberries, greens removed
1-2 bunches of grapes, vine removed

Directions:  Juice all ingredients and serve over ice.

Any questions for the "crazy juice girl" this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment