- brussels sprouts, stem chopped off, and cut in halves or fourths
- spray bottle or misto with water and a small amount of oil mixed
- spices of your choice
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut brussels sprouts and place them in a baking pan.
- Spray to coat them with water-oil mixture.
- Sprinkle on desired spices and stir.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring brussels sprouts halfway through.
- The brussels sprouts are done roasting when they begin to brown and are tender at their core.
Amy's Notes: I used a misto with a part water part oil mixture, but you can easily omit all oil and just coat with water. If you just use water, make sure to re-spray as it's baking and the moisture has evaporated. These can also be roasted without any spices on them in case you are not sure how you are going to eat them afterwards. They are excellent straight out of the oven, or out of the fridge cold with a tahini lemony dressing.
I've been thinking of some other dishes to have brussels sprouts on and the thought of a pita pizza came to mind with mushrooms and red onion for the other toppings... Does that sound very good or am I just talkin' crazy?