2014-02-05

Grocery List, Reading List, Pinterest List



Hi Readers!  I haven't had much time to cook since the weekend and have been enjoying a lot of sweet potato chili leftovers on top of extra brown rice during the week, so no new recipes today, unfortunately.  I also haven't had too much time to go grocery shopping in over two weeks other than stopping in at the store to buy the can't-live-withouts (apples, bananas, lettuce, potatoes, and onions).  I have this great app on my iPhone (one of the only ones that I actually paid money for, haha), called "Buy Me a Pie" (find it in the app store here) that helps me to remember all of the things that I am running out of and what I have gotten at the grocery store in the past.  I'm waiting till Saturday afternoon to do my big grocery shopping after I pick up my Bountiful Basket, but I thought I would share with you what is on my list this week to show you what items I regularly have on hand:

Grocery List:


  • Produce:
    • Apples
    • Avocados
    • Bananas
    • Bell Pepper
    • Carrots
    • Celery
    • Cucumber
    • Lemons
    • Parsley
    • Cabbage
    • Sweet potatoes
    • Broccoli
  • Bulk (dry) Section:
    • Brown Rice
    • Cumin spice
    • Chili powder
    • Garbanzo beans
    • Lentils
    • Walnuts
    • Almonds
  • Canned:
    • Chickpeas
    • Diced tomatoes
    • Petite diced tomatoes
    • Tomato Sauce
  • Frozen:
    • Spinach
  • Kitchen Supplies:
  • Other:
    • Low sodium BBQ Sauce
    • Unsweetened apple sauce
    • Vegan cheese
    • Silken Tofu
  • For Kevin:
    • Lunch subs
    • Log Cabin Maple Syrup
    • Eggs
    • Sandwich buns
    • 2% milk
    • Caesar salad mix
    • Shredded pizza cheese

Reading List:

I thought I would also share with you some things I have been reading lately from some of my favorite blogs and news websites:

Check out this delicious looking Kale and Cabbage Pad Thai Salad at Eating Bird Food.

Look at all of the simple meals that can be made without a recipe to follow that include a grain/potato, bean, vegetable, and spices and sauces of your liking at Engine 2's Daily Beet.

My sister-in-law's new blog, Rouge Rustique, featured a homemade natural citrus cleaner today.

Pinterest List:

And... here are a few of my favorite pins that I have found lately.  Follow me on Pinterest here.
Lentil Soup
Tried, loved, making again sometime very very soon! (source)
DIY Tablet (or Recipe Book) Holder for under cabinet {Sawdust and Embryos}
How dynomite would this be in the kitchen?! (source)
Curried Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Can you say "Yum"?  I would love this in a wrap. (source)
Or this one?  Option B
I'm making several of these for my pregnant-with-twins
sister-in-law for mobiles over the crib.  (Pattern)
Turtle Oatmeal Cookies with Pecans, Chocolate, and Medjool Dates
Don't these look just sinful?  (source)
Till next time... :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. :) I have a great vegetarian recipe for you, that I will blog about soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, sis! I look forward to the recipe and will make sure to link to it once you post!

      Delete